Neologism: Resreverser | palindrome


resreverser: noun [ res-ri-vurs-sur ]

a palindromic definitional word for a palindrome/ also, an onomatopoeiac, palindromic definitional word for a palindrome.

palindrome: noun [ pal-in-drohm ]


“a word, line, verse, number, sentence, etc., reading the same backward as forward, as Madam, I’m Adam or Poor Dan is in a droop.”

re onomatopoeia:

a palindrome is reversing, just as a cuckoo cuckoos; therefore: resreverser is reversing

note: resreverser is not the sound of reversing per se, but the action of the sound

res + reverse + r


from the Online Etymology Dictionary:

Latin word once used in various phrases in English, often in legal language, where it means “the condition of something, the matter in hand or point at issue;” literally “thing” (see re). For example res ipsa loquitur “the thing speaks for itself;” res judicata “a point decided by competent authority.”

reverse: verb [ ri-vurs ]

from the Online Etymology Dictionary:

early 14c., reversen, (transitive), “change, alter” (a sense now obsolete); late 14c., “turn (someone or something) in an opposite direction, turn the other way, turn inside out,” also in a general sense, “alter to the opposite;” from Old French reverser “reverse, turn around; roll, turn up” (12c.), from Late Latin reversare “turn about, turn back,” frequentative of Latin revertere “turn back, turn about; come back, return” (see revert).

r : a suffix; a noun finisher

from the Online Etymology Dictionary:

alternatively –er

English agent noun ending, corresponding to Latin -or.

eighteenth letter of the English alphabet, traceable to Phoenician and always representing more or less the same sound, which in many languages is typically so resonant and continuous as to be nearly akin to the vowels, but in English is closer to -l-.